Monday, November 28, 2011

Too Good to Be True

Cyber Monday has come to a close. My adrenaline started flowing yesterday around 8 pm when I saw Half Price Books Marketplace would be offering free shipping on everything. I pulled up my Amazon Wishlist and started searching. I was delighted to find many books for 99 cents!

The endless possibilities of books I could get for thrift store prices shipped to my home started flowing...was this really going to work. When the deal went live at 9 pm I had 15 books in my cart and clicked BUY. The deal cleared and I think I uttered to Wyatt I can't believe it and I will probably be up all night searching. Alas the dream was short lived and as I continued to search all the prices that should have been 99 cents were 4.99. (they had added the shipping cost to the book prices making the deal a scam in my opinion)

Wyatt said I should be thankful for getting the 15 books at rock bottom prices. I am giddy thinking about all these books currently in route to my house from around the country, but I can't help but be disappointed about all the ones that got away.

On another book related note, Zoraida and I have gathered all our Christmas books together in baskets for this month. I have amassed quite a few mostly from thrifting. Here is the list:

  • Messiah: The Wordbook for the Oratorio, George Frideric Handel
  • A Christmas Testament, Phillip Kopper
  • The Christmas Day Kitten, James Herriot
  • The Snow Tree, Caroline Repchuk
  • Cookie Count: A Tasty Pop-up, Robert Sabuda
  • Lift the Flap Nativity, Allia Zobel-Nolan
  • The Newborn King, Cindy Robertson
  • The Christmas Cross, Max Lucado
  • Frosty the Snowman, Hallmark book read by grandma
  • The Polar Express, Chris Van Allsburg
  • Journey to Bethlehem: the story of the first Christmas, Dorothy Van Woerkom
  • One Wintry Night, Ruth Bell Graham
  • Religious Christmas Stories for Children, an Ideals publication
  • The Carols of Christmas, an Ideals publication
  • Nativity, Winston Press
  • A Child's Book of Christmas Carols, Illustrated by Masha
  • The Kingfisher Book of Classic Christmas Stories, selected by Ian Whybrow
  • Norman Rockwell's Christmas Book
  • Usborne Lift-the-flap Nativity

Do you have a favorite Christmas book?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure to complain. I complained to both Half Price Books and Alibris (Alibris runs the marketplace). Alibris has refunded the $3.99 they added to the price of twoof my books. I am still complaining though as I had wanted to order 11 other books but did not because I could not afford them at the scam price. I will post again when I finish negotiating with them.

Tracy said...

Thanks so much for the advice. I did contact them and the customer service has been great. I was refunded the extra shipping cost I had and also allowed to place another order for the books I wanted sans shipping. Very impressed with them!

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner