Friday, November 16, 2007

Calling all Chicago Foodies

Forget Metromix, Citysearch and the like, Check Please! has gone BETA. This is especially exciting for me, since it was my favorite TV show before I stopped watching TV. Now you can take a peak inside Chicago restaurants from the comfort of your own computer.

Check Please!
is reality TV at its finest. The show brings together 3 individuals to recommend their favorite restaurant and then review it with each other. The CP on TV site has a short clip taking you inside of the restaurant typically with the owner. Additionally you can watch the review by 3 different people online.

Several of the restaurants on the site are some of my favorite Chicago spots. Top of the list is San Soo Gab San for my Korean BBQ fix. Santorini's is a great Greektown spot featured where Wyatt took me on our first date : ) I first heard about Paprikash on Check Please. Wyatt had been craving Hungarian goulash with the "ball of noodles". I took the recommendation from Check Please and we hit the only Hungarian restaurant in Chicago.

If my entry makes the top of the list from 20,000 applicants to the show, I would recommend Toro. Great quality sushi at a nice price point. Mitch, the owner, makes the place with his hospitality, often giving free samples if you sit at the sushi bar.

Thought for the day: The disparity between a restaurant's price and good quality rises in direct proportion to the size of the pepper mill~Bryan Miller.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner