Sunday, May 04, 2008

Oregon, Oysters, and More Oysters

One year later and one year more in love. Is the honeymoon over, I don't know. We are still experiencing new things together, like both our first times in Oregon and Wyatt's first taste of oysters.

I don't remember my inauguration to oysters, probably some posh corporate function, but I have been talking about them non-stop to Wyatt since we moved to the Pacific Northwest. I was on a mission to eat oysters after passing through Willapa Bay and the self proclaimed Oyster Capital of the World - South Bend, WA.

I really love oysters on the half shell, which are actually alive when eaten! Talk about fresh. So did Wyatt enter a haven of bliss upon encounter with this heavenly mollusk. This skeptic was turned into a believer and shuckers be ware we are working our way through oyster bars near you.

Oregon is an amazing place. Not only is it tax free, but gas is pumped for you by law for a cheaper price than Washington. Ok, not to mention the breath taking coast lines, commitment to locally grown product, the ocean, mountains, and rain forest within a few miles striking distance. And the tide pools, orgies of starfish at every turn and waves begging to suck you into the ocean.

I highly recommend Cannon Beach for your Oregon coast stay. You might recognize the scenery from such movies as cult classic the Goonies. Everything is local in this town, no Marriott or McDonald's in a very touristy town.

The picture to my left has been my dream ever since I knew this was possible- kayaking with killer whales! I have a very strong affinity with the ocean, my husband can fill you in on the numerous dreams involving sharks. This is a teaser to a future post...after my close encounter of the orcas kind.

Thought for the Day: He was a bold man that first eat an oyster. Jonathan Swift

2 comments:

Wyatt said...

Our honeymoon is no where near to ending!

Wyatt said...

you are making me crave oysters!

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner