Sunday, January 06, 2008

Mars Hill Music Rocks!

Soulja Boy might be the music of the day. I'm not so hip, so I just learned this dance on Friday when my co-workers demonstrated in front of 300 people at Navy Pier. I'm not gonna lie, I have since been rocking the dance courtesy of youtube instructional video, superman then hoh! Despite my mad hip hop dance skills, I kind of dig hymns and songs with a lot of deep feeling and meaning behind them. Leave it to Seattle based church Mars Hill to bring some seriously rooted music back to life with their various worship bands.

The videos in this blog link to biographies of great Christian composers from John Newton to Johnny Cash. I may have heard some of these stories in passing, but they never really stuck until I saw these very moving videos. I've linked two videos here that I especially enjoy, check out all of the saints here.

Additionally, Mars Hill puts out tons of free quality Christian music. In fact, if it weren't free, I would buy each song for 99 cents on itunes over anything else out there. You can subscribe or listen to all Mars Hill band music here under Media. I gave out a Christmas CD with several of my favorite songs including: Ex Nihlo's All my Tears, Come Ye Sinners; BCG's Man of Sorrows, Nothing but the Blood; E-Pop's Come Thou Fount, How Deep the Father's Love; and Praise Hammer's Psalm 69. Add them to your itunes and enjoy the best free music out there!

Thought for the day: And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I, John, saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, 'Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall he no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Rev 21

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner