Friday, August 25, 2006

How do we meet single people in real life and not just online?

Am I a serial coffee dater? How do I meet the "one"? How do I meet a guy whose not a player? Should a girl pursue a guy? Is there a 12 step program for dating?

Have you ever wanted to ask some pretty straightforward questions and actually get straightforward answers? Then I have to podcast for you!

First, it has come to my attention that some of my readers do not have itunes or even an ipod.
So today I made a wonderful discovery about the Mars Hill Church: Everything Audio podcast. Go here Mars Hill Church Site and then click on the Menu, then Downloads link on the left. Mars Hill is very technologically advanced and has the option to directly on their website make your own playlist of sermons, music, video, ect. and you can play it straight from the website!

Once you are in the Downloads section, drill down to the Covenant Q&A Forum and Top 10 Things to look for in Spouse audio downloads by this pathway: Downloads -> Classes -> Covenant Media. Also you can find many more downloads here than are on the itunes subscription, which holds a limited amount of podcasts.

I appreciate people who are frank. So you will find the common thread in the podcasts I post on is that these people tell it like it is and don't skirt around the issue or question at hand. The aforementioned podcasts are presented by a married pastor and his wife. These podcasts offer one of the more honest, candid looks at the topic of dating, marriage, and courtship I have ever heard. The Q&A format is great and you won't believe some of the questions asked (see title).

Hard to summarize the above podcasts, but a few things that stuck out to me. We live in a low risk, minimize the chances of things going wrong culture, but if you want to meet someone and eventually get married you need to risk something. Love is blind, so seek council. From the Top 10 list for a future spouse, I like the point-- Does this guy enjoy being a man?--I will leave it at that for now, but ladies definitely pay attention to this one!

I also listened to a food podcast today with Sommelier Alpana Singh and she was relating wine to relationships. Here's my take on it. When you start out with a good bottle of wine--decork it or nowadays unscrew the cap, drink it, enjoy it, savor the subtle nuances of tannins and oak aging, breathe in the different flavors of peach, gooseberry, and blackberry, maybe even a little hint of flint or coffee. Wow its really good! Put in your vacuum pump, leave it in the fridge and drink it over the next few days and its going to mellow out a bit and still have a steady pleasant taste. Start out with a mediocre to bad bottle of wine (the ones with the Animal labels or critter wines as my favorite wino Alan calls them ; ) and it may taste like wheat, grass, or dirt when you first open it; just wait a few days and it only gets worse. (If you think this analogy does or does not hold up or have something to add, please leave a comment)

Thought for the Day: R-I-S-K

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner