Friday, October 06, 2006

My Hometown to Build a $155 Million Rain Forest!

The world might possibly be going mad or at least the governor of Iowa. Pella, IA (population near 10,000) is the future home to Earth Park. Earthpark will feature an indoor rain forest, a 600,000-gallon freshwater aquarium, an exterior prairie and wetland exhibits. In an earlier blog I did mention that my town is not new to the ridiculous. We built a multimillion dollar nonfunctional canal...(4 inches of water deep!) and also a ginormous windmill imported piece by piece from Holland that grinds Bulgar wheat.

A similar venture in England draws 8 million tourist a year. I will believe it when I see it, but I will be the first in line in 2010 to check it out if and when it opens. The president of the local college says "It [Earth Park] could very well be the salvation of this planet that we all call home." My guess is either Al Gore or Philippe Cousteau will do the ribbon cutting.

MSNBC Article

EARTHPARK WEBSITE
[Check out the video on this site!]


Thought for the Day: If you build it, they will come?

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner