Friday, October 13, 2006

O Canada!

In honor of Canadian Thanksgiving last Monday, I would like to pay tribute to our friendly neighbor to the North. Every time I prepare to go to Canada (6 or 7 times last year), I get a rush of excitement and anticipation. My love for this country goes far beyond the exchange rate....which used to be .7 to 1, alas it is almost 1 to 1 nowadays. These are a few of my favorite things:


Banff National Park- quite possibly the most beautiful and peaceful place in North America.

Munchkins and Iced Cappuccino from Tim Hortons


Love it or hate it- Canadians have pride, eh!

Let me know what your favorite things about Canada are, leave a comment!

Thought for the day: A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog made me cry

Anonymous said...

I loved going to windsor when I lived in detroit. It was fun to go across the board to get an ethopian dinner, play five pin bowling, or get that chicken caesar pita at wendy's that they stopped selling in the USA. I also like the canadian side of Niagra Falls.

Steph said...

I love the exchange rate right now!
I also love Tim Hortons iced caps (and coffee and honey cruellers).
I like colourful money (although the most recent version looks like it was made for a third-world country or a board game)
I like to spell colour, honour, neighbour, centre, metre, programme, judgement, analyse, likeable, fulfil, equalled, grey, mould, and cheque (and trust me...the list continues).
I just like being Canadian.

Anonymous said...

Awww, Canada! :-D
I have too many things to list! (given that I'm supposed to be working on a midterm now.)

Ilovepodcasts said...

Thanks Steph! I'm glad you are a math book editor in Canada : ) On my last project, I had to convert from UK English to US English and I, on the otherhand, am not a fan. The list does continue!

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner